PCI-friendly journals declare three types of commitment concerning PCI assessments:
- They agree to accept, without further peer review, any manuscript recommended by a PCI meeting any additional procedural requirements not requiring further scientific evaluation by the journal. Such additional requirements may include compatibility with a defined disciplinary scope.
- They agree to the following commitment: Following the submission of a PCI-recommended article, the PCI-friendly journal will provide the authors with one of the three following responses within a short specified reply time (e.g. 5 days):
- Acceptance with minor modifications, with no further peer review,
- Need for further peer review before decision,
- Not interested.
- They consider submissions of articles recommended by a PCI and they may use PCI reviews and recommendations for their own review processes, if appropriate.
Click here to learn more about PCI-friendly journals and to find the list of PCI-friendly journals